Sunday 16 September 2012

tiny little rant

And I am exactly where I thought I would be. I don't know what to write. It is not about having no idea, but having too many. Just putting it down is a horrible mess. Well I guess I will just keep writing these rants until someting happens and I can come up with something of importance. Now you will get just stupid little things.
One of the pet peeves I have at work, well in workplace to be specific, it is not related to my job, but to the building itself. There is a lift that goes to the underground parking garages, they have 2 levels and that is where my pet peeve comes to life. This is the labeling:

Ground Floor
SubBasement
Basement


How on earth is there a subbasement above a basement floor? I know it is stupid little thing but it annoys the living hell out of me everytime I use the lift. My slight OCD gets an electric shock and my eyes start to twitch, blood preasure rises, well the last one is actually not a bad thing for me as I suffer from low blood preasure... :)
Seriously just look it up in a dictionary if you don't know the meaning
sub·base·ment
noun
A floor beneath a main basement of a building.

And really how can you not know sub means below, under... subway, subculture, subalpine, subcategory, subcontract, etc.
Apparently some people just wanna see the world burn.


Rant over. eweliyi out.

No comments:

Post a Comment